1: You Can Donate Money
There are hundreds of elders living with the side effects of hazardous housing sickness, isolation and hopelessness. Your gift today will provide the critical home repairs needed for them to stay safe in their own homes and communities
2: You Can Buy a Memory Garden Stone
This is a beautiful way to remember our loved ones. Get a message to your loved one painted on a natural rock. Then you can always keep their memories close to you with these memorial stones in your home or garden. It's a perfect way to cherish the memory of our loved ones.
3: You Can Donate In Memory & Honour
Donations to the Safe@Home program can be made in honour of a friend or memory of a loved one. Perhaps the gift is made in honour of a friend who received assistance from any of the Empowerment Gateway programs or in memory of a loved one who inspired you by their countless hours of service trying to improve the lives of homeowners across the Algarve. If the gift request will be printed in an obituary, we ask that you attempt to coordinate with our team before publication.
4: Planned giving
Through a planned gift or bequest, you can leave a lasting legacy to provide safe and healthy homes for people in our community. Talk with your financial advisor about ways you can support the Safe@Home program through your estate plan.
5: Donate supplies
There are many meaningful ways to make donations to the Safe@Home program, including donating supplies, tools and equipment that will help us provide repairs for homeowners in need. You can help by making a donation or organizing a donation drive with your family and friends, place of worship, office, school, club or sports team. Donation drives for supplies, tools and building materials are a great way to come together as a group and help make a difference. To make a donation or start a drive just contact us.
Here are some of the items we need on a regular basis:
Home Repair Equipment
- Vehicle (small van or SUV with a trailer hitch to pull 2500 lbs+)
- Heavy Duty Portable Table Saw (with stand, wheels) – Dewalt, Bosch, Rigid, Ryobi
- Heavy Duty Portable Mitre Saw (with stand, wheels) -Dewalt, Bosch, Rigid, Ryobi
- Li-Ion Tools – Rigid, Ryobi, Dewalt
- Cordless drill drivers
- Air compressor
- Nail gun
- Pop-up canopies
- Pressure washer
- Post hole digger
Home Repair Supplies and Materials
- Paint Supplies
- Cleaning Supplies
Office, Marketing Equipment and Supplies
- Signage for projects
- Manila file folders
- File folder jackets
- Flatscreen LCD desktop monitors
- Standard copy paper
- Surge protectors and battery backup combination
- Breakfast and lunch for volunteers
- Plastic utensils, paper plates and napkins
- Gloves & Masks
If you are interested in running a fund raiser for the "Safe@Home" program, or just want to find out more,
Please take note of the following:
- By submitting this form you agree with the our Terms and Conditions.
- Please fill in all the required fields and answer all the questions - without these the form will not submit.